Past Demolition Projects
Our staff has experience working in high-risk environments such as active plants, navigable waterways and high-speed railways. Since 1980, our industrial demolition experts have approached each project with a wealth of knowledge to ensure safe, efficient and environmentally conscious outcomes for our customers.
Birchwood Power Facility
258.3-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in King George, Virginia. The coal plant was co-owned and operated by J-POWER and General Electric.
Frank Ratts Generating Station
234-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned by Hoosier Energy. Rising eight stories above the ground, the Ratts Station stood on a foundation that was an acre of concrete 4 feet thick, extending to a depth of 6 feet beneath the turbine generators and boilers. In addition to two concrete stacks, each 300 feet high, the generating station was equipped with environmental controls and monitors; these included updated precipitators for the removal of
fly ash to protect the air quality. Most of the fuel for the facility was mined within a radius of 20 miles (32 km).
Carbon Power Plant
190-MW coal-fired power station in Utah, USA operated by PacifiCorp. Its units 1 and 2, rated at 75 and 113.6 MW, were launched into service in 1954 and 1957. The plant is located at about 2 mi north of Helper, Utah, on the east bank of Price River.
The plant was shut down on April 16, 2015 and was demolished in 2016.
Grainger Generating Station
The power plant had 2 units and had an operating capacity of 170 megawatts (MW). Its cooling source came from the nearby Waccamaw River and outlet to Lake Busbee which was created for the power plant.
Grainger was retired in October 2012 by Santee Cooper as it was too costly to comply with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Mercury and Air Toxics Standard.
Catenary Line Demolition
The Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad (reporting mark BLKM) was an electrified private railroad operating in Northern Arizona, USA within the Navajo Nation which transported coal 78 miles (126 km) from the Peabody Energy Kayenta Mine near Kayenta, Arizona to the Navajo Generating Station power plant at Page, Arizona. It was completely isolated from the national rail network and did not connect to any other railroad. As a result, like metros, light rails, and trams, it was not controlled by the Federal Railroad Administration.
The line was constructed in the early 1970s and was the first railroad to be electrified at 50,000 volts. It was owned by the Salt River Project and the co-owners of the Navajo Generating Station.