Largest, most experienced, and most trusted recycler of railroad ties in the U.S.
During our more than 30 years in the business, we have grown to become the country’s largest recycler of railroad ties and have an annual supply of more than 7 million ties. Our customers know that each and every time they order from National, they’ll receive the same high-quality product and customer service we’ve delivered for more than 30 years. We value and excel in consistently delivering a quality product at competitive prices in a manner that is convenient for the customer.
All railroad ties we salvage go through a consistent grading and sorting process based on quality and wear. Our reliable crew of sorters has been trained in our grading process and consistently checks for quality. Ties that do not meet the standards for resale are still recycled; they are ground up to be used as boiler fuel. We offer multiple grade of ties, allowing you the flexibility to order based on the requirements and budget of your project.
Ties must be ordered in quantities of at least 240, and you must have the equipment needed to unload the truck.
Product Facts/ Specs
Height and Width: 7x9 , 7x8 , 7x7 , or 6x8 in.
Length: 8 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 160 - 200 lbs (72 - 90 kg)
Helpful Ordering Hints
▪ Purchase consultation required.
▪ Minimum Quantity of 240
▪ Must have equipment to unload delivery from flatbed.
Track Plate Sides
• Track plate depth does not exceed 1 inch
• Spluts do not exceed 1 inch & do not reach into track plates
• Natural weathering splits do not exceed 1 inch in width or depth
• Natural wane does not exceed 2 inches in depth or 2 feet in length
• D-Rail marks do not exceed 2 inches in depth
• Natural weathering is minor
• Adzing does not exceed 1/2 inch
• Surface rot no more than 3/4 inch deep
• Surface rot does not exceed 1/2 inch depth
• Splinter splits do not exceed 2 foot & do not reach higher than 2 inches into side
• 7x9, 7x8, 7x7, OR 6x8
• 8 FT 6 IN
• Natural wane does not exceed 2 inched in depth or 2 feet in length
• Natural weather splits do not exceed 1 inch in width or depth
• Clear of all surface rot
• No ballast grinding on ends
• Has four (4) corners
• Has full ends with no wedge missing
• Splits do not exceed 1 inch
• Natural wane is minor
• Shearing from mill is minor, not exceeding 1/4 inch